Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to the real world.

So I have been talking a lot of theology, philosophy with a little metaphysics to spice things up, but now it is time to put in a solid chunk of reality.

This is how I see it. Civilization as we know it is hooped. We have filthy greedy leaders, with filthy greedy masters, who have decided to think only of themselves and their short term gain. They don't even think off thier own children let alone us, and our children.

We, as in the masses, are too many. We can't agree enough to step up and demand anything. We whine and complain in fits and starts, but never enough to scare the masters. We change to high efficiency light bulbs and washing machines, and drive our SUVs to the store across the street.

Meanwhile oil spills into the ocean, killing indiscriminately. The shrimpers whine about their livelihoods. What about the countless living creatures dieing because of of a couple cost cutting corner cutters? Yup. I said it.

This is the slow decent my friends. I look forward to watching and participating. I want to do my part, make my dent. My children will be toughened, hardened by the life of the future. Food will be harder to get, water will taste a little funny. Life will go on. The earth will spin. Perhaps we need a little fall. A little lesson in reality. Humanity will adapt, culture will change. We will be taught a lesson, and a few generations from now perhaps, humanity will be all the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment