Saturday, April 25, 2009

Children

Children are infinitely amazing, especially mine.

I find each new stage interesting, the smiles and coos, the rolling over and crawling. Then walking, running, jumping and singing!

Elizabeth strings words together to try and get her thoughts across to us. She babbles constantly, and sometimes she actually makes sense. We always say "I love you Elizabeth", and now she has started to say things like "me mommy love". Does a two year old truly understand what love means? I don't know, but I think maybe she does.

We bought her a ukulele for her birthday, which she calls her guitar. She pulls it out and starts strumming the strings and singing original songs. She can sing the ABC song, but she prefers singing her own songs, creativity in its purist form and I have a front row seat. She loves music, I hope her interest grows and becomes something, but for now it is just awesome to watch her do her thing.

Sam is another story. Anyone claiming that there is little difference between boys and girls has not had children. Sam is a brute. He has little care for his body, he sees something he wants and he finds a way to get it. Usually he lands on his head getting it.
Sam and Liza are very different, I can see personality traits coming out of them, as far as I can tell babies are not blank slates, they come partially loaded with... something.

I want to say something about how I hate calling myself a "Christian". The word is so loaded with thousands of years of other peoples crap, I really don't want to be associated with the word. And yet I have no problem at all with Yahweh and Jesus. I don't know what to do with that. The word "human" also has that problem... sometimes I think I think too much.

3 comments:

  1. Oops, that was me posting the last comment, I didn't realize I was signed in as Chris. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the whole "Christian" thing. I've heard people say "Christ-follower"..stuff like that- in fact I think I put that on my facebook.

    ReplyDelete