Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A mission

I am a rambler, and so I feel that I should probably keep this blog focused on my 4 Main passions in life.
1. Family
2. God (I can feel some eyes rolling, and that's fine. I will not be trying to prove anything here)
3. Books
4. Music

I shall expand, by explaining were I am in my life in regards to these passions.

Family
I am married to Melissa, we have two children together one girl, one boy. Our oldest is Elizabeth she is turning two tomorrow. The other is Sam he is nine months old.
Melissa and I are currently being scrutinized by the Canadian Government in order to take Foster Children. It is an interesting process as they ask incredibly detailed, intimate questions, a process I am actually enjoying as it is making me take a close look at my past and making me think about it.

God
I was raised Atheist. In my family, God was not even a subject, and therefore I was not really aware of how intrinsic the God idea was in society. I consider myself a logical analytical person and so I can only explain it this way: I have never heard a good enough answer to ANY of the big questions to make me doubt that there is a God.
Big question #1 If time started with the big bang, how did the moment of the big bang occur without time?
Big question #2 If evolution is all about survival of the fittest why and how did it go beyond a simple bacteria? (that's not even going into the astronomically large "accident" life is to begin with, the odds are quite strange to say the least)
Big question #3 If there is no "good" or "bad" then it should be OK for me to steal all your stuff right?

Books
I love reading. I may talk about a really good book I am reading. Books you really should read: I'll cover that later.

Music
This love ebbs and flows. Sometimes I find a new band(or rediscover old stuff) and music feels fresh to me again, and sometimes it feels old and stale (like every time I hear Madonna, or most new pop trash). I may go on about music from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Chris. You are good writer. Looking forward to your next posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it too. sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete